Motivation is very necessary for students to achieve their target set goals. It is the responsibility of teachers to boost the morale of the students in the best possible manner. But it is not so easy to encourage students to participate in different school activities that are easily managed by school management software. To imitate the learning and motivation in students, educators mostly use a reward system.
For a moment, you think about what are the benefits of a reward system? If yes, then how can it be implemented. In this post, you will get answers. First, have a look at the advantages of reward system.
- Cheerful students: Scholarships and incentives for students inspire them to be increasingly beneficial in light of the fact that they make a sentiment of pride and accomplishment. Being effective makes you cheery.
- Extended motivation: Students are more curious to participate in class activities, learning and always ready to take responsibility.
- Apt behavior: It is seen that the rewarded students strictly follow the discipline and appropriate behavior.
- Finished schoolwork: Recently, a survey conveys that reward systems propel students to complete their homework.
- Uplift confidence: A successful story becomes the motivation for others to cheer up self-confidence which further makes them achieve successful results.
- Best outcomes: Reward systems directly affect students’ efforts and motivation. It leads to improved results for students.
Now come to the types of rewards that the teachers choose for their students for good outcomes and motivation as well.
- Sit with one of your favorite in the class
- Leader of the class in a specific time period
- Give extra time for a lunch break
- Have an option in selecting class job for a week
- Treat the student favorite with its food item
And the list goes on…….
What are the steps you should follow to make a reward system successful?
To make a reward system is in action, simply go through the following steps one by one.
- Set class objectives: The educator stick towards the behavior goals that are feasible and quantifiable. For instance, if you lift your hand up, then all the students left behind their murmuring and pay attention to you. This will propel them to uphold the rules.
- Characterize how you will utilize the reward system: Reward system is a key to the progress of students. Make your goals clear for giving the rewards. For example, if one can help another student then he or she gets a reward.
- Be clear about the reason behind the reward: It is necessary to know the students about the intentions and real feedback of the rewards given.
- Raise desires in students: It is very important to encourage the students to participate in different school and class activities. Give students a chance to assemble a rundown of adequate awards.
- Give a reward just after the result: Just after the shown behavior, rewards must be given as soon as possible. Otherwise, it may down the morale of both participants as well as non-participants.
- After some period, lessen the rewards: Over some time, lessen the number of rewards as they may get addicted to them. In this way, they only focus on the given task rather than the rewards. This directly affects their intrinsic motivation and they can learn from their own success and achievements.
- Give unplanned awards: It is good to give random rewards to students according to their behavior rather than planned ones.
So this is some brief information about the reward systems, I hope this information may help you. To know more about education and technology, click here.